Does your job or management scope cover packaging machinery?
Do you need to integrate package development with machine capabilities?
Packaging Machinery: Basics is a 2 1/2 day seminar that can help you:
Create effective packages by knowing how they run on line equipment.
Learn how to deliver efficient packaging line performance.
See how to integrate machinery into the overall packaging equation.
Get “hands on” instruction to see concepts in operation on actual machines.
Get focused information to help you to advance your career.
Who should attend?
Any packaging professional who needs more training in packaging machinery to enhance their value to their company.
Elite Member: $995
Premium Member: $1,120
Regular Member: $1,182
Upcoming course dates and schedule:
October 5-7, 2015
October 5 - 8:00am to 5:00pm CST
October 6 - 8:00am to 5:00pm CST
October 7 - 8:00am to 12:00pm noon CST
Breakfast starting each morning at 7:30am CST
Where is the course being held?
The Frain Group
245 East North Av.
Carol Stream, IL 60188
(Near Chicago's O'Hare Airport)
205 W North Avenue
Carol Stream, IL 60188
Attendees are responsible for making their own transportation and hotel accommodations.
Click here to register for the class.
What is the seminar?
It covers the key types of packaging equipment and management issues.
- From line-loading to case-sealing
- Automated vs. semi-automated vs. manual—pros and cons of each
- Instantaneous vs. sustained speeds
- Controls—PLCs, HMIs, servo motors, smart machines, displays, sensors
- Flexible packaging machines—form/fill/seal, bundling, wrapping
- Semi-rigid—thermoforms, cartons, cases, tray packers
- Rigid—plastic, glass, tubes, cans
- Cappers and labeling
- Automated package inspection, verification and RFID
- Machine vision, inspection
- Understanding documentation
- Principles of packaging line design
Click here for the full course outline.
Who teaches the course?
John Henry, CPP, is a 20-plus-year veteran of packaging and plant operations. He brings his real-world experience with equipment issues to the seminar. The value of his consulting practice—changeover.com—moved him into the role of author and speaker on packaging machinery. Audiences at Pack Expo shows have heard him speak, and his regular column in Food & Drug Packaging magazine delivers machinery insights. He teaches at the Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico.
Click here for John’s extended bio.
This policy covers the liability of cost of a cancellation or change. Cancellation or rescheduling must be made in writing or by email with confirmation of receipt from IoPP. The following fees apply if you cancel OR change semesters:
- More than 30 days prior to the event is a $100 cancellation/change fee per semester
- 30 to 14 days prior to the event is a $150 cancellation/change fee per semester
- Less than 14 days prior to the event is a $225 cancellation/change fee per semester
- No-shows to the event are charged $225 cancellation/change fee per semester
*Remaining balance will be issued as a credit ONLY. This credit has a one-year expiration date to be used towards future IoPP educational offerings. No refunds will be given.
Contact Barb Dykes at (630) 696-4010 or e-mail email@example.com.