- ISTA’s "Responsible Packaging by Design" protocol explained by chairman Joan Pierce. Flow chart approach to examine existing packaging and more sustainable alternatives.
- ISTA close to finalizing protocol. Protocol training programs to begin this fall. Likely restricted to ISTA members; fees not yet determined.
- ISTA drew metrics from the Global Packaging Project and work by INCPEN and EUROPEN. Review process includes those groups and a number of corporations, industry groups, and government agencies.
- “Responsible Packaging by Design” protocol uses 8 stage approach from project scope through implementation.
- Medical device manufacturers can us the protocol as a ‘copy & paste’ document to begin the process then address unique concerns, e.g. appropriate statistical sampling standards.
- Master Test Plan suggested, listing all test methods that a medical device package must be subjected to.
- Medical device manufacturers should review emerging sustainability standards get aligned.
For more information contact:
Pharmaceutical + Medical Packaging News