Welcome to the Medical Device Packaging Technical Committee (MDPTC) site page! We're in the dog days of summer, managing through the challenges of making new norms. The MDPTC Board has been working with our program leaders and industry partners to bring more value to the organization's goals. Each quarter, we'll bring you highlights of events and key updates on programs, all of which promote medical device packaging education and professional networking.
- Did you know?
- You and MDPTC are making a difference! Check out this article for insight into the achievements of the recipients of the HealthPack Student Scholarship Award!
- We have a new MDPTC LinkedIn page! We're phasing out the current MDPTC LinkedIn Group site to allow all voices in our space to be part of the medical packaging conversation. Follow us!
- MDPTC was part of Virtual Engineering Days June 15-17 hosted by Informa. Amy Stewart, MDPTC Chairperson and Sarah Rosenblum, Young Professionals program leader, moderated conversation on topics ranging from seal strength, sustainability, resins technology, counterfeiting, etc.
- This summer the University Outreach Program shared the world of medical device packaging with a virtual presentation with Conestoga College in Ontario Canada. Thank you to Austin Liu for your leadership!
- Networking event at MDM West on August 11 in Anaheim - Board members Jen Benolken, Karen Green, and Seema Momin hosted a fun, casual networking meet-up for our SoCal attendees.
- For Members-only!
- View recordings of our previous Tech Talks by navigating to the members-only "Events" tab. Topics of discussion include usability considerations, medical device packaging, machinery and more!
- If you are interested in presenting a Tech Talk on a topic of your choice, please email MDPTCinfo@iopp.org.
- ASK AN IOPP MEMBER
- Do you have a question on medical device packaging? Tap the hundreds of packaging professionals (500 members on MDPTC registry) through IoPP PackChat or our LinkedIn group page for MDPTC (once you've requested access).
- Join IoPP MDPTC. After joining IoPP, contact Dannette Casper, Membership Chair at MDPTCinfo@iopp.org to find out more information on MDPTC membership. It's free and gains you access to medical packaging events and the MDPTC professional network.
- *NEW* CALENDAR OF EVENTS – You asked for it! See the new calendar on the site and check back for new events. Email MDPTCinfo@iopp.org to share your IoPP Chapter's events to cross-post!
- Next All Members Virtual Meeting - Thursday, Sept. 9 (4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT). An email with the meeting link will be sent to all MDPTC members. Don't miss this opportunity to hear MDPTC updates and engaging presentations/breakouts!
- The 2021 IoPP MDPTC Honor Awards recipient announcement will be made in the next 30 days! Thank you for your submissions, and we hope we'll see your name on the list next year!
- This Fall - The University Outreach Program connects with Michigan State University for its next stop of "Benefits of a Career in Medical Device Packaging". Program Leader Mark Leunenberger of Profound Development Group with the support of committee members are working to build the funnel of the next generation of medical packaging professionals. If you have a college or university in-mind, contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you good health,
Your MDPTC Board
Follow us on LinkedIn and Join the Conversation!