IoPP developing packaging seminars for multi-show event June 10 in New York
IoPP and UBM Canon announce a partnership through which IoPP will develop and host packaging education seminars
June 10, 2014 at a tradeshow and conference
at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center co-locating HBA Global Expo, EastPack and Pharmapack North America. These coexisting tradeshows, organized by UBM Canon, will run from June 10-12, 2014.
The IoPP sessions are being planned to appeal to a broad packaging audience on topics prevalent across the packaging industry. IoPP plans three mini-seminars, each spanning nearly two hours, which are being developed through the IoPP Packaging Learning Center. Each seminar will comprise several 30-minute presentations on related topics, and the day also will include a panel discussion.
Seminar 1: Improving Package Design for the Retail Experience
Breakout sessions (10-11:45 a.m.)
• Leveraging an existing retail brand identity
• Winning color strategies for a global marketplace
• Panel discussion: packaging implications for breaking into mass retail
Seminar 2: Leveraging Smart and Interactive Packaging Technologies to Engage Customers
Breakout sessions (1-2:45 p.m.)
• Developing the business case for electronically enabled packaging
• Package design teams’ response to market changes and technology use for customer engagement
• Interactive packaging technology for engaging customers and product differentiation
Seminar 3: Innovations in Package Materials and Their Usability
Breakout sessions (3-4:45 p.m.)
• Expanded uses and new applications for alternative package materials
• Technical design implications for packaging and usability
• New polymers and plastics—evaluating stability and performance
Says Jim George, IoPP’s Director of Education: “These seminars will provide a forum to update packaging professionals from many corners of the industry on new developments and best practices.
“These seminars provide IoPP with a bigger footprint for the audiences of these three longstanding shows for delivering packaging education and also celebrating packaging excellence. On the evening of June 10, IoPP’s AmeriStar Package Awards, along with the UBM Canon Packaging Group Visionary Awards, will recognize finalists and award winners at a dual presentation ceremony during EastPack at the Javits Center.”
IoPP is seeking speakers for some of its seminar sessions. For consideration, contact Jim George, 1-630-696-4011 or e-mail email@example.com