- Identify Board members, minimum of 6
- Develop By-laws, contact email@example.com for samples
- File forms with the IRS
- Form SS-4: Application for Employer Identification Number
- Form 1024: Application for Recognition of Exemption
- Form 8718: User Fee for Exempt Organization Determination Letter Request
- Establish a bank account
- The account must be issued in the full legal name of the Chartered Unit and must reference the Unit's EIN.
- All checks, drafts, statements, etc... must reflect the full legal name of the Chartered Unit.
- Checks drawn on accounts bearing the name "IOPP" or "Institute of Packaging Professionals" may not be issued by any Chartered Unit.
- A Chartered Unit's funds may not be co-mingled with any personal or corporate account.
- The Chartered Unit's account shall not bear the name of any individual, or be issued using an individual or corporation's tax ID number of than the Chartered Unit's EIN.
- Purchase insurance policies
- Directors & Officers
- Business Liability
- Post event to Chapter PackChat Community, which will be visible to anyone (member & non-member)
- Contact IoPP National with event details
- Info will be included in upcoming IoPP National newsletter, if time permits
- Info will be posted to IoPP National social media, if time permits