PackChat Mobile App
Visit App Store/Google Play
Search for "MemberCentric"
Download the MemberCentric app
Open the app & search for "IoPP"
Log-in with your PackChat credentials
AmeriStar judges will score each criteria listed within each section below on a scale of 1-5. 5= strongly agree, 1=strongly disagree.
• The package demonstrates an application of a “new idea”.
• The package demonstrates a creative use of existing ideas.
• The package makes use of new design, material or technique.
• The design successfully transfers packaging principles from other industries.
• The package reflects important new marketing strategies.
• The package reflects new manufacturing advances.
• The package successfully protects the biological, chemical and/or physical integrity of the product.
• The original product protection requirements, as specified, are sufficiently addressed by this package design.
• The testing specified sufficiently addresses the need for protection for this application.
• The package successfully meets the test requirements expressed (evidence shown)
• The package addresses a specific economic concern.
• The package design results in cost savings. Cost savings may be demonstrated by any or all of the following:
o Distribution Improvements
o Damage Reduction
o Packing/Processing Efficiencies
o Material Standardization
o Labor Costs
o Warehousing/Storage costs
o Material Costs
• This design addresses the package’s life cycle, as demonstrated by any/all of the following:
o Material Reduction
o Improved Material Strength
o Density Improvements
• The package is easily filled, opened, dispensed, reclosed, stored.
• It can be run on existing packaging machinery.
• It is easily integrated into the existing distribution system.
• The package offers significant new benefits in handling, storage and warehousing.
• The structural design contributes to product image or shelf impact.
• The package design improves or contributes to acceptance of the product.
• The package’s marketing appeal has been significantly improved by the redesign
• The package successfully addresses current and appropriate environmental concerns.
• The package design has eliminated, avoided or reduced unnecessary materials.
• Design consideration includes reusable and/or recyclable materials/systems where available.
• The package uses recycled materials where possible.
• The design has considered end-of-life scenarios for the package.
• The design minimizes the potential negative effects the package and its components will have on the environment.
• The design has undergone a life cycle review—“cradle to grave.”
Save Food Criteria
• Relative to a replaced package design or a competitor’s package design, what is the percentage reduction in food waste associated with the new design?
• How well has the food waste reduction design been communicated via the packaging?
• How well has the food waste reduction design been communicated via other means, e.g., media and promotion?
• How easy is it to apply the design feature and minimize food waste?
• How significant are the increased environmental impacts of the package design due to the new design aspects?
For questions regarding your AmeriStar entry, please contact +1 (571) 266-4403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.