What type of packages can I enter?
We only accept entries for packages that have already entered the market. he package can be produced or sold anywhere in the world.
What are the entry requirements?
- Brief Narrative
- Your brief narrative should clearly explain how the package meets the judging criteria. Avoid submitting generically-worded entries, as they typically lack important technical information.
- Limit your brief narrative to 500 words or less. We accept Word or .PDF documents.
- Extended Narrative
- Your extended narrative should provide more detail about the package and address six key judging criteria - Innovation, Protection, Economics, Performance, Marketing, and Environmental Impact.
- Limit your extended narrative to 1,500 words or less. We accept Word of .PDF documents.
- You can include up to four (4) high-resolution photos of the package in .jpeg, .png or .AI format. We also accept video, a CAD drawing .PDF or prototype image.
- Physical sample(s)
- Three physical samples of the package are required for judging.
- Including the package's product is not required. However, including the product can give the judges a better understanding of the package's functionality.
- Physical samples must be received no later than May 15, 2024.
- Send to:
- Institute of Packaging Professionals
12930 Worldgate Drive, Suite 200
Herndon, VA 20170 USA
Attn: Paige Jarvi
- Promotional Statement
- We will use your promotional statement in our marketing materials.
- Limit your promotional statement to 300 words or less.
Will my package be disqualified if it was entered into the wrong category?
No. At the discretion of the judging panel, your entry will be moved into the most appropriate category.
When is entry payment due?
All entry payments must be complete prior to the entry deadline of May 15, 2024.
Still have questions? Let us know!