Fundamentals of Medical Device Packaging: In-Person Course
Our newest course, developed in conjunction with the IoPP Medical Device Packaging Technical Committee, introduces you to the requirements of medical device packaging.
This course consists of three half-day sessions and occurs at MD&M West in Anaheim. The curriculum includes classroom instruction and in-depth discussions, along with demonstrations at participating exhibitor booths of various machinery used to create medical device packaging.
Not technical? No problem. This course is designed for those new to packaging or medical device packaging. It can bring you up to speed on the essential knowledge needed to understand this complex packaging industry segment!
What topics are covered?
- Materials used for sterile barrier packaging
- Designing sterile barrier systems
- Manufacturing packaging for sterile medical devices
- Qualifying equipment and validating processes
- Sterilization of medical devices for packaging engineers
- Regulations, standards, and quality systems for medical device packaging
- Risk analysis and design assurance
- CAPA, troubleshooting and remediation strategies
Who should attend?
- Anyone new to medical device packaging and in need of a broad introduction.
- Managers who want a wider view of medical device packaging.
- Sales reps looking to learn the language of medical device packaging.
- Engineers or technicians with part-time responsibility in packaging.
- Packaging professionals changing focus and wanting to "come up to speed” in a new area of packaging.
- Purchasing professionals searching for more technical depth.
- Students or professionals preparing for IoPP certification.
Fundamentals of Medical Device Packaging is taught by a team of packaging professionals vetted and selected by IoPP’s Medical Device Packaging Technical Committee.
Completing the Fundamentals of Medical Device Packaging course earns you 11 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit points. You must attend all the days of training to earn your Certificate of Completion and the CPE credit points. These can be applied toward the requirements for IoPP's Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) program.
Thank you to the sponsors of our event!